Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

October 7th, 2021 at 10:15:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
That atheist accusation doesn't carry either.

I find most global warming alarmists tend to be atheists. It is their "religion."
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2021 at 10:29:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I find most global warming alarmists tend to be atheists. It is their "religion."

For the most part, calling someone an atheist is a compliment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2021 at 10:40:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

If you say so.
The President is a fink.
October 8th, 2021 at 11:40:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I agree 100%
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 8th, 2021 at 11:54:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I agree 100%

I don't know about a compliment, but it's certainly not an insult. If you're an atheist you never have to explain anything. With god believers they are always explaining themselves. Someone tells me they believe in a god and I asked why and they say, isn't it obvious why? To which I respond, no, it's not obvious at all. Then they have to explain. And the explanation is never that they were brought up to believe in a god and they never questioned it, which is the right answer 99% of the time,. No, they have to try and find logical reasons of which there are none.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 8th, 2021 at 2:17:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I agree 100%

So do I
It means we are grounded in reality
The really funny part
I get pity from religious nuts when they find out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 16th, 2021 at 6:20:12 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I have heard on the news that a fleet of some 240 electric Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will be provided to transport attendees between their hotels and the United Nations Climate Change Conference (also known as COP26) in Glasgow, Scotland.

The funny thing is that there is only one compatible electric charging station available and diesel generators were needed to charge the vehicles.
Let's go Brandon
October 16th, 2021 at 6:33:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman

And I find most global warming deniers to be clueless about hard science.

It's a condition precedent.
October 16th, 2021 at 9:59:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
And I find most global warming deniers to be clueless about hard science.

There is hard science behind the cult of global warming? About time, when will they present it. So far I haven't seen any. I did see that this past season at the South Pole they recorded the coldest temperatures ever. With ice growing at the fastest rate ever. I have seen that hard science.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2021 at 2:42:37 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
That explains it. Climate change must be causing the global increase in arable land every year, plus record global crop yields and meat and fish production every year. Those yields are also accelerating at faster rates every year.

It also led to turning carbon into a commodity that can be traded on the carbon credit market. Each year a record number of carbon credits, which are another hidden tax on the consumer, are exchanged. While the poor sucker consumers think this is for their benefit, corporations like Tesla can sell their carbon credits to create or improve quarterly profits and increase the value of their shares. Then slick CEO’s like Elon Musk can get a $700 million performance-based bonus for increasing profits and market cap.

Carbon Credit ETF’s: KRBN has a YTD return of 50%. GRN 76%.