In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 5th, 2021 at 7:21:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
$

That was the same answer that was used for Hong Kong. As Hong Kong was a world banking power China would let it remain independent since they wanted that door to the worlds economy kept open. They no longer require that door.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 5th, 2021 at 7:27:42 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
You can't call him a superspreader ADZ, the virus doesn't exist in your world you have to be consistent. You are right of course that travelling the country during the pandemic is not consistent with his antivirus stance. I believe there is a virus and it is killing people. I also believe that there is very little we can do to stop it and what we are currently doing does more damage to our society than the virus does. I also believe the freedoms that we are giving up under the mantra "but if it saves one more life" are the most dangerous effect of all.

Now now! Show me ONE post that AZ has made that says the virus "doesn't exist'? That is NEVER his point. I actually believe his points are EXACTLY the same as yours! That there is 'little we can do to stop it', and 'we are currently doing more damage to our society than the virus does.'

As far as Ed.... he basically is following AZ's advice... living his life.... just he wears a mask while doing so.
February 5th, 2021 at 7:34:34 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO
Now now! Show me ONE post that AZ has made that says the virus "doesn't exist'? That is NEVER his point. I actually believe his points are EXACTLY the same as yours! That there is 'little we can do to stop it', and 'we are currently doing more damage to our society than the virus does.'

As far as Ed.... he basically is following AZ's advice... living his life.... just he wears a mask while doing so.

Quote AZD "In three months you will have forgotten all about it." Strictly speaking you are right that does acknowledge the virus exists.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 5th, 2021 at 8:40:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
That was the same answer that was used for Hong Kong. As Hong Kong was a world banking power China would let it remain independent since they wanted that door to the worlds economy kept open. They no longer require that door.

??????
The world has changed
HK use to be hugely important to China
Not anymore as PEK, SHA, CAN ect have caught up to HK regarding international business
Everybody knew it was only a matter of time before China assimilated HK
I am extremely confident no invasion of Taiwan
i am actually betting big on it putting my money where my mouth is
My retirement depends on PRASX
If China invades, my mutual fund retirement acct goes down the toilet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2021 at 8:41:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

But he hates my advice. He states we should listen to Dr. Fauci and hide at home. But when it comes to himself, a different set of rules.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2021 at 8:45:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote AZD "In three months you will have forgotten all about it." Strictly speaking you are right that does acknowledge the virus exists.

Never said it did not exist. Said it is not worth all the draconian lockdowns. Said deaths are intentionally being overcounted in the USA. Said it is being used for political gains.

And yes, said you would have forgotten about it. Said that because of the string of scares the last 20 years that were all hyped yet forgotten about a few months later.

My biggest fear in in a few years they whip up another scare. I am far more scared of the freedoms lost and people cheering they lost freedoms "for the common good" than I am of any old virus. A virus can just kill me. Making the world a repressive state like China as the sheep cheer and polish their chains, that I have to live in.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2021 at 9:03:50 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Economy only added 46,000 jobs in January. Only 6,000 added in the private sector. 10,000 jobs lost in manufacturing. This would normally cause the Indexes to fall hard. They're up. Expecting another trickle up $2 Trillion Covid relief package. Total disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.
February 5th, 2021 at 9:13:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Economy only added 46,000 jobs in January. Only 6,000 added in the private sector. 10,000 jobs lost in manufacturing. This would normally cause the Indexes to fall hard. They're up. Expecting another trickle up $2 Trillion Covid relief package. Total disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.

Absolutely loving it
I just sit in my camper as my money grows
looking forward to another stimulus check
Life is good
Gonna check out some planes today at the Pima museum
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2021 at 10:43:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Joe Biden is Walter White cooking up some meth for the economy. Same as his mentor Gus did 2008-2016.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2021 at 11:23:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Joe Biden is Walter White cooking up some meth for the economy. Same as his mentor Gus did 2008-2016.

I’m having fun trying to figure out who Donny would be in this Breaking Bad analogy.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman