In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 22nd, 2021 at 9:19:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Since when do you have to be a gun grabber to be against murder?

If he is so anti-gun then why is he shooting people in the movies? Lead by example, take other roles. But no, liberals never lead by example.

Did he ever say movie violence is the cause of gun violence? If not, you don't have a point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2021 at 9:25:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It’s actually kind of fun to watch the righties lose their minds (again) over this whole Alec Baldwin thing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 22nd, 2021 at 9:26:48 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It will be interesting to learn who nailed the pooch on this one.

I mean, how can blanks kill one person then after presumably passing through them hit and wound another?

The mind boggles.
October 22nd, 2021 at 9:52:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Since when do you have to be a gun grabber to be against murder?

If he is so anti-gun then why is he shooting people in the movies? Lead by example, take other roles. But no, liberals never lead by example.

Actually, wasn't it usually the Right who made big pushes to get portrayals of violence in video games curtailed?

Let me make sure I understand this:

Da' Left: Portrayals of violence---perfectly fine---Second Amendment/Gun Ownership---Terrifying.

Da' Right: Portrayals of violence---horrific assault on the senses and Christianity---Physical Guns that can actually be used to kill people---Should be unrestricted totally, duh, Second Amendment.

So, historically, I would say that the overall position of both major sides does not make any sense whatsoever. Which tends to usually be the case and does not surprise me at all.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 22nd, 2021 at 9:53:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Why would a prop gun be able to fire a projectile? Maybe for a target shooting scene, but not at a person. Simple stuff.

Could Alec be looking at criminally negligent homicide here?

I don't know, go find the person who readied the prop and ask them. How should I be able to answer that---I didn't even know Alec Baldwin was making a movie.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 22nd, 2021 at 10:54:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Did he ever say movie violence is the cause of gun violence? If not, you don't have a point.

Actually, I do. You just refuse to hold liberals accountable. It is like a guy saying trans women are real women but then not wanting to date one. Liberals like to run their mouths but they never hold themselves up to what they are saying.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2021 at 11:02:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Holy crap. This happened yesterday. This is what ex-marines do when confronted with real life situations. The guy says it's all training. He saw the gun he saw the other two were not armed and he acted. All within 3 seconds. This guy is an American hero and drink free for the rest of his life in everybody goes to. He says he forgot he had a bag full of Gatorade in his right hand and when he swung his intent was to grab the guy's head but instead he hit him in the face with three pounds of Gatorade.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 22nd, 2021 at 11:02:24 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Why would a prop gun be able to fire a projectile? Maybe for a target shooting scene, but not at a person. Simple stuff.

Could Alec be looking at criminally negligent homicide here?

Many times in movies they use real guns fitted with Blank Firing Adaptors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank-firing_adaptor

The last time something like this happened was in 1993 when Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee’s son) was killed on set after a blank was fired at him, and something else was lodged in the barrel and expelled like a bullet.

That seems less likely in this scenario since two people were injured, but who knows. We will find out in a few days.

I can’t see any scenario where Alec Baldwin could be reasonably held responsible for this.
October 22nd, 2021 at 11:39:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actually, I do. You just refuse to hold liberals accountable. It
is like a guy saying trans women are real women but then not wanting to date one. Liberals like to run their mouths but they never hold themselves up to what they are saying.

For a guy who states more things true, than he ever is able to back up, you’ll never be able to talk your way out of the hole you constantly dig.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2021 at 11:43:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: gamerfreak
I can’t see any scenario where Alec Baldwin could be reasonably held responsible for this.

Of course he's responsible, it's "his" movie, he's the producer.

Somebody in his employ must have screwed up, and their negligence will be imputed to him, their employer.

Not sure to what degree workers comp will kick in.