In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 26th, 2021 at 11:49:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Gandler
No, she fled the scene of an accident (also that is a mischaracterization and is definitely not stalking, regardless if you think it was wise or not). That is not stalking, that is trying to follow somebody who flees, this is pretty common for witnesses to do, usually somebody will stay with the victim, and somebody will pursue the fleeing person. The article even says multiple witnesses were following her because apparently, she was driving so erratically for a while that a lot of people were upset, I would guess.

It sounds like he was shot on the street, he was not on her property, but was on his bike in the street in front of her house. If he tried to break in that would be different, sitting out front on the street while on the phone with the police is about as innocent as it gets (she also pulled a gun first according to him). That is not self-defense, once you leave your property and pull a gun on somebody in the street, that changes everything legally (even in Florida).

I feel that a lot of people have the wrong opinion on this one because she is/was a pregnant female. If the roles were reversed (a female followed a male home who has been hitting cars and driving crazy), she would be lauded as a hero. But that is just my personal suspicion. He did not physically interfere with her he just followed her and sat on a public street while on the phone with 911. She chose to come to the street with a gun to tell him to drive on instead of calling 911. I would assume there is a reason she did not want the police there (drugs or alcohol), but that is just a suspicion, because the smart thing to do if she really was scared would be call 911 and stay inside.

Maybe not related to this case, but I wonder how being in your own home, drunk on your ass, affects the right of self defense since you could perceive a threat differently while intoxicated.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2021 at 12:26:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
No, she fled the scene of an accident (also that is a mischaracterization and is definitely not stalking, .

Lots of people who have accidents don't even know they had an accident. We don't know if she was fleeing or not. For all we know she thinks this guy was following her so she comes outside of her house with a gun and he shoots her. It's like he went there looking for trouble because he carries a gun. He was obviously riding the motorcycle that was in the accident so how much of an accident could it have been. This whole thing stinks and he's not going to get off with a defending himself defense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2021 at 2:41:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Maybe not related to this case, but I wonder how being in your own home, drunk on your ass, affects the right of self defense since you could perceive a threat differently while intoxicated.

Intoxication defense? (If that exists in Florida)

Even so going and getting a gun and then walking back onto the street probably destroys any chance of this....

Quote: Evenbob
Lots of people who have accidents don't even know they had an accident. We don't know if she was fleeing or not. For all we know she thinks this guy was following her so she comes outside of her house with a gun and he shoots her. It's like he went there looking for trouble because he carries a gun. He was obviously riding the motorcycle that was in the accident so how much of an accident could it have been. This whole thing stinks and he's not going to get off with a defending himself defense.

I feel like you have a negative view of motorcycle riders. The article even mentioned several witnesses were attempting to follow her. It sounds like he just got there first (probably because he was on a motorcycle and that makes it way easier to catch up to somebody). You keep wording your posts likes he is a Wyatt Earp maverick for doing something pretty routine.

In any case I don't buy that. She was too aloof to know that she had an accident (or multiple by the sounds of it), but she was aware enough to see the same vehicle following her for a few minutes? No, she would have stayed inside and called 911 if that was the case. My suspicion is she did not want the cops there, and she was trying to intimidate the witness into telling the cops to not show up.

"The motorcyclist and other witnesses followed the woman home while contacting authorities. "

That does not sound like stalker behavior to me....
November 26th, 2021 at 2:51:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
I feel like you have a negative view of motorcycle riders. .

I have a Harley Davidson Road King, it's in the barn as I write this. My point is it doesn't take much to damage a motorcycle with a car or truck so that you cannot ride it. The damage done by the driver had to be minimal, like maybe she bumped into his fender when she was backing up. Because the bike was later running and he rode it to follow her. She might very well have not even been aware that she ran into it. In any event, the police will tell you do not follow a car that has left the scene of an accident. Get the license number and call the police.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2021 at 3:02:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
I have a Harley Davidson Road King, it's in the barn as I write this. My point is it doesn't take much to damage a motorcycle with a car or truck so that you cannot ride it. The damage done by the driver had to be minimal, like maybe she bumped into his fender when she was backing up. Because the bike was later running and he rode it to follow her. She might very well have not even been aware that she ran into it. In any event, the police will tell you do not follow a car that has left the scene of an accident. Get the license number and call the police.

Well in most of these cases, the 911 calls eventually get released, so we shall see what they told him I suppose.

Whatever the case is, it does not justify coming at him with a gun, especially if he was keeping his distance and just sitting on the street in front of the house waiting for police.
November 26th, 2021 at 4:48:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

Let's say, the motorcyclist didn't have a gun on him.

So, then, do you really believe she was planning to shoot a guy sitting on his motorcycle in front of her house because he refused to move? Even people who don't know much about law, generally know you can't shoot someone for refusing to move.

One has to believe this library assistant 5 months pregnant is going to shoot a guy sitting on a motorcycle who one supposes is making no aggressive actions towards her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2021 at 5:35:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Just a whole lot of stupid here. Stupid of the woman if she left the scene of an accident. Really stupid for the guy on the motorcycle to follow her home. Really really stupid of her to come outside with a gun. And really really really stupid of the guy on the motorcycle to shoot her. She was punished for her stupidity and now he has to be punished for his.
November 26th, 2021 at 6:31:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Isn’t this the America the righties want? Everyone is armed, and the “good guy with the gun” is whichever one who survives the duel.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 27th, 2021 at 4:11:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Is there any video on this?

It almost sounds like EB is suggesting that it’s no longer self-defense because he followed her home. At a minimum, I’d think it would be relevant whether he was on her actual property or public property. I guess she didn’t learn her lesson because she’s too busy being dead, but it seems like the lesson here is not to point a gun at someone unless you plan to use it-and quickly.

Granted, she was probably just trying to intimidate him, but he can’t be 100% sure of that.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 27th, 2021 at 4:16:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Is there any video on this?

It almost sounds like EB is suggesting that it’s no longer self-defense because he followed her home. At a minimum, I’d think it would be relevant whether he was on her actual property or public property. I guess she didn’t learn her lesson because she’s too busy being dead, but it seems like the lesson here is not to point a gun at someone unless you plan to use it-and quickly.

Granted, she was probably just trying to intimidate him, but he can’t be 100% sure of that.

The property question will probably decide the whole case.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.