In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 27th, 2021 at 4:28:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

It almost sounds like EB is suggesting that it’s no longer self-defense because he followed her home. At a minimum, I’d think it would be relevant whether he was on her actual property or public property.

Because that is a huge part of it. Lets concede that he is following her to make sure she does not get away with the hit and run. The thing to do in that case is maintain distance, watch her go inside, then call the cops. If he was staging right outside her place waiting after following her I do not see self-defense. Not murder, but manslaughter of some level.

On her property would IMHO negate self-defense for him for the mos part. Also how long until she came out with the gun. If she goes inside and is out with it in less than a minute then a bigger case for self defense. If he was waiting outside for more than that then she comes out then no, he has less a case.
The President is a fink.
November 27th, 2021 at 6:10:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Because that is a huge part of it. Lets concede that he is following her to make sure she does not get away with the hit and run. The thing to do in that case is maintain distance, watch her go inside, then call the cops. If he was staging right outside her place waiting after following her I do not see self-defense. Not murder, but manslaughter of some level.

On her property would IMHO negate self-defense for him for the mos part. Also how long until she came out with the gun. If she goes inside and is out with it in less than a minute then a bigger case for self defense. If he was waiting outside for more than that then she comes out then no, he has less a case.

I don't see manslaughter if he's standing on a public sidewalk and you'd have a hard time convincing me of manslaughter even if not. The fact that he was (legally) concealed carrying aside; he certainly can't be assumed to have planned for her to come out and point a gun at him. I guess manslaughter does not necessarily require premeditation, but if she was the first to introduce a firearm, then you've got a big hill to climb to make it not self-defense.

I just can't see murder unless you can put the guy on some other criminal offense that he was committing at the same time as the event.

Simply put, if she doesn't present a weapon, then he sees no need to shoot her.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 27th, 2021 at 7:42:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Is there any video on this?

It almost sounds like EB is suggesting that it’s no longer self-defense because he followed her home. At a minimum, I’d think it would be relevant whether he was on her actual property or public property. I guess she didn’t learn her lesson because she’s too busy being dead, but it seems like the lesson here is not to point a gun at someone unless you plan to use it-and quickly.

Granted, she was probably just trying to intimidate him, but he can’t be 100% sure of that.

It appears she thought he was only trying to intimidate her.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2021 at 8:27:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I literally only know the facts of the case from what has been posted here, but I’m tempted to side with the guy* who shot her. Why couldn’t she just stay inside? Call the cops. Tell them there’s a guy following you. Stay inside (with your gun at the ready in case he really is coming for you) til they show up.

*this could easily change if I ever gain the will to research the case more in depth, but I’m lazy
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 27th, 2021 at 8:47:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This keeps making me think of other alternatives. For instance, would he have shot her if she had approached him with a taser gun pointed at him. After all, if you immobilize someone you can then beat the hell out them so it's potentially a deadly situation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 27th, 2021 at 11:13:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Is there any video on this?

It almost sounds like EB is suggesting that it’s no longer self-defense because he followed her home. .

Law enforcement will tell you to never ever follow anybody that has left the scene of an accident. Get their license number and call the cops. You are not law enforcement, I'm not sure but I think of some places it's illegal to follow somebody who left the scene of an accident. It falls under the stalking law. I was just reading about it and if you follow someone who left the scene of an accident with you, it means you are also leaving the scene of the accident which is just as illegal as what the other person is doing. It pretty much nullifies the accident as far as the cops and the insurance company are concerned.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2021 at 12:04:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Let's say, the motorcyclist didn't have a gun on him.

So, then, do you really believe she was planning to shoot a guy sitting on his motorcycle in front of her house because he refused to move? Even people who don't know much about law, generally know you can't shoot someone for refusing to move.

One has to believe this library assistant 5 months pregnant is going to shoot a guy sitting on a motorcycle who one supposes is making no aggressive actions towards her.

I honestly have no idea. It sounds like she made a long series of bad decisions that night, so who knows?

But, if somebody pulls a gun on you after running up to you on the street, are you supposed to assume they are not going to shoot you because they are pregnant and female?
I feel like this is the one factor that is skewing everyone on this....
November 28th, 2021 at 7:08:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Robert Kennedy Jr. on his father's assassination

https://twitter.com/NeverSleever/status/1464003633725509632
November 28th, 2021 at 10:48:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
An 11-year-old girl was accidentally shot dead by her father at a hunting lease in Texas, according to reports.

Police from the Harrison County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) were alerted to a hunting accident involving an 11-year-old girl near Young and Hickey Road, in Hallsville, at about 5:05 p.m. on November 27, KMHT Radio reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/father-accidentally-shot-dead-his-own-daughter-on-hunting-trip/ar-AARdPTQ?ocid=undefined
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2021 at 11:40:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A new study, by King’s College London, has found a link between alcohol and dementia in the over-50s.

The study, led by consultant psychiatrist doctor Tony Rao, covered more than 15,000 over-50s over two years, during which time the quantity and frequency of when they drank was recorded and their thinking skills assessed.

The study found that just eight units of alcohol a week increases an individuals’ risk of developing dementia by fifty percent.

To put this in context, eight units is equivalent to four small glasses of wine or four pints of beer.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1527849/dementia-symptoms-alcohol-risk