In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 28th, 2021 at 12:21:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1527849/dementia-symptoms-alcohol-risk

So the guy in his 50s who drinks a beer when he gets home from work everyday and has two beers while he watches sports on Sunday has raised the chances of getting dementia by 50%? Horse manure. Studying 15,000 people over 2 years it's not a legitimate study. There've been studies of a million people over a 10-year period that was found moderate drinking, which is what four glasses of wine or four beers a week would be, has no effect on dementia at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 28th, 2021 at 4:52:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
So the guy in his 50s who drinks a beer when he gets home from work everyday and has two beers while he watches sports on Sunday has raised the chances of getting dementia by 50%? Horse manure. Studying 15,000 people over 2 years it's not a legitimate study. There've been studies of a million people over a 10-year period that was found moderate drinking, which is what four glasses of wine or four beers a week would be, has no effect on dementia at all.

I don't remember that, but I drink a lot, so therefore that must be false.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 28th, 2021 at 5:35:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1527849/dementia-symptoms-alcohol-risk

I just went back and looked at this again it is obvious that it's clickbait of the worst kind. The article is split into small sections that are filled with tons of advertising in between. You have to constantly scroll down through the ads they're on the left side the right side into the center of the screen. No details about the so-called study, there's no link to the study, they say almost nothing about the study itself. Instead it's just a lecture on the evils of dementia written by somebody who probably writes clickbait articles all day long.

I found some details of the actual study.

"Risky drinkers (people who drink four glasses of wine or four beers a week) in the study were more likely to be younger, male, white British, married, of higher educational status, current or past tobacco smokers and to have moderate to severe depression."

Notice how they left that little tidbit out of the clickbait article. That most of those adversely affected we're in their fifties and suffered already from moderate to severe depression. They already had mental issues, but that was conveniently left out. They want you to believe everybody's affected, that's why it's called clickbait.
Even the people who did the study admit that it was a very small sampling and to reach any real important conclusions a much larger sampling done for a much longer time needs to be done.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 28th, 2021 at 5:50:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
Dr. Fauci on Ted Cruz saying he should be prosecuted: "I should be prosecuted? What happened on January 6, senator?"

And on Republicans scapegoating him: "That's okay. I'm just gonna do my job, and I'm gonna be saving lives, and they're gonna be lying."

Still can’t believe Donny didn’t have the balls to fire him. lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 28th, 2021 at 10:47:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How do you think the Jessie Smollett hate crime will turn out?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jussie-smollett-criminal-trial-begins-monday
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 29th, 2021 at 6:39:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jussie-smollett-criminal-trial-begins-monday

He won't be winning an Oscar for his performance.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 29th, 2021 at 6:40:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

I don't really care about Tyler Durden fake reporting
Is Tyler Durden attending the trial????????????
Or will use other people's work to create his own articles
I have respect for Drudge
He provides a link and the writer gets the credit
Tyler is not Drudge. He has no respect for other peoples work. I have no doubt Tyler is not at the trial so why should I read his 2nd hand crap
I have respect for Tony Ortega. Any trial on scientology and he is there and I will read his 1st hand reports.
Tyler Durden is a chump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 29th, 2021 at 10:52:09 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I don't really care about Tyler Durden fake reporting
Is Tyler Durden attending the trial????????????
Or will use other people's work to create his own articles
I have respect for Drudge
He provides a link and the writer gets the credit
Tyler is not Drudge. He has no respect for other peoples work. I have no doubt Tyler is not at the trial so why should I read his 2nd hand crap
I have respect for Tony Ortega. Any trial on scientology and he is there and I will read his 1st hand reports.
Tyler Durden is a chump

Absolutely bizarre that our righties love to constantly cite a “news outlet” that can’t put an actual reporter’s name on their stories. As if we should take it seriously…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 30th, 2021 at 12:55:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman who says she was falsely arrested for shoplifting at a Walmart and then threatened by the company after her case was dismissed has been awarded $2.1 million in damages.

A Mobile County jury on Monday ruled in favor of Lesleigh Nurse of Semmes, news outlets reported.

Nurse said in a lawsuit that she was stopped in November 2016 when trying to leave a Walmart with groceries she said she already paid for, according to AL.com. She said she used self-checkout but the scanning device froze. Workers didn’t accept her explanation and she was arrested for shoplifting.

Her case was dismissed a year later, but then she received letters from a Florida law firm threatening a civil suit if she didn’t pay $200 as a settlement, according to her lawsuit. That was more than the cost of the groceries she was accused of stealing.

Nurse said Walmart instructed the law firm to send the letters — and that she wasn’t the only one receiving them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/walmart-said-she-shoplifted-jury-awards-her-2-1-million/ar-AARiy6C?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 1st, 2021 at 3:59:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Tiger Woods says he will 'never' play golf again full time.

A meh as far as I am concerned but some people here seem to care.
The President is a fink.