Pet Peeves

January 19th, 2022 at 7:57:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
The European version of something was too sweet? That's unusual.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2022 at 8:12:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
The European version of something was too sweet? That's unusual.

Maybe but it was. Still I like the idea of MCD having some international offerings. Just keep that India version of the Big Mac. It is not a hamburger unless it used to moo.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 8:30:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe but it was. Still I like the idea of MCD having some international offerings. Just keep that India version of the Big Mac. It is not a hamburger unless it used to moo.

There's arguably a market for vegetarian and or vegan restaurant options out there. I don't know if McDonald's has a sandwich item for them, (during my brief stint as a vegetarian, it was basically just the burger without the meat) but Burger King certainly wants to get a piece of that market.

Of course, that also got Burger King sued, though I would hope the company won. The basis of the lawsuit was the fact that they were cooking the Impossible Whopper on the same surface as the meat items. I have no idea why a vegan or vegetarian would assume otherwise, and it doesn't seem that BK directly told them otherwise, so there you go.

Even prior to the Impossible Whopper, BK had a Morningstar Farms vegetarian burger and those were legitimately pretty good. Even after I reformed and became an omnivore again, I think I might have ordered it once or twice. It was black bean based, which I think Wendy's does with their vegetarian sandwich option, but I don't know if the one for Wendy's is available everywhere and have no interest in trying it. I'll just go with Dave's Double, the best fast food burger that exists anywhere; you can deny it if you want, but it would make you a heretic.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2022 at 8:49:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
. I'll just go with Dave's Double, the best fast food burger that exists anywhere; you can deny it if you want, but it would make you a heretic.

5 Guys hands down
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 8:53:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
5 Guys hands down

Blasphemy! Five Guys would probably be my #3, though:

1.) Wendy's
2.) Roy Rogers
3.) Five Guys

It's not so much the burger itself with Roy Rogers, just that their condiment and toppings bar kills it and they have horseradish sauce.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:00:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

1.) Wendy's
2.) Roy Rogers
3.) Five Guys

It's not so much the burger itself with Roy Rogers, just that their condiment and toppings bar kills it and they have horseradish sauce.

Roy Rogers? Not Kenny?
Is Roys still around
I can't remember seeing a Roy Roger's in my extensive RV travels
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 9:03:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
Roy Rogers? Not Kenny?
Is Roys still around
I can't remember seeing a Roy Roger's in my extensive RV travels

Should you make it up here, you need look no further than the PA turnpike. That said, they seem to be heavily concentrated throughout Maryland.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:07:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

1.) Wendy's
2.) Roy Rogers
3.) Five Guys

I'm not sure why, but I also prefer Wendy's burgers over 5 guys. (Disclosure, I worked at Wendy's in the summer after High School.)

They both cook on the spot with non-frozen meat. My guess is, Wendy's taught a double press, and 5 guys presses out more grease. OR Wendy's adds more salt.

I think it's the grease. I don't think it's the cow or the salt. Wendy's used the "hot and juicy" meme for decades. Juice means grease. I never saw any special juice added.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2022 at 9:08:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Should you make it up here, you need look no further than the PA turnpike. That said, they seem to be heavily concentrated throughout Maryland.

After Hardee's bought them out RR faded to a mostly Turnpike, Airport, and other captive markets brand. Nowhere near as good as they were in the 70s/80s.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:09:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
There's arguably a market for vegetarian and or vegan restaurant options out there. I don't know if McDonald's has a sandwich item for them, (during my brief stint as a vegetarian, it was basically just the burger without the meat) but Burger King certainly wants to get a piece of that market.

Of course, that also got Burger King sued, though I would hope the company won. The basis of the lawsuit was the fact that they were cooking the Impossible Whopper on the same surface as the meat items. I have no idea why a vegan or vegetarian would assume otherwise, and it doesn't seem that BK directly told them otherwise, so there you go.

Even prior to the Impossible Whopper, BK had a Morningstar Farms vegetarian burger and those were legitimately pretty good. Even after I reformed and became an omnivore again, I think I might have ordered it once or twice. It was black bean based, which I think Wendy's does with their vegetarian sandwich option, but I don't know if the one for Wendy's is available everywhere and have no interest in trying it. I'll just go with Dave's Double, the best fast food burger that exists anywhere; you can deny it if you want, but it would make you a heretic.

Hopefully they lose the "same grill" lawsuit as it is just silly.

As to a market they say the Impossible Whopper turns plants into hamburger. I say cows have done that for 1,000 years.
The President is a fink.