Pet Peeves

January 19th, 2022 at 9:12:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I can not believe that I am responding to this post as I am not much of a burger fan. But I just recently tried Culver's burgers and they might be better than any other in my opinion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:18:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
After Hardee's bought them out RR faded to a mostly Turnpike, Airport, and other captive markets brand. Nowhere near as good as they were in the 70s/80s.

I didn't have them back then due to the whole nonexistence thing, you know how it is. Like I said, my rating is almost entirely predicated on the condiments/toppings bar...I can ask for, "Extra onion," but only I know what that really means to me. Besides, I never ask fast food places for anything special, except not to put ketchup or mayonnaise on my burger.

I always love it when some places feel the need to correct me with, "We don't put mayonnaise on our burgers, sir."

My retort, "Oh, it should be an easy request to fulfill, then."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2022 at 9:19:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I'm not sure why, but I also prefer Wendy's burgers over 5 guys. (Disclosure, I worked at Wendy's in the summer after High School.)

They both cook on the spot with non-frozen meat. My guess is, Wendy's taught a double press, and 5 guys presses out more grease. OR Wendy's adds more salt.

I think it's the grease. I don't think it's the cow or the salt. Wendy's used the "hot and juicy" meme for decades. Juice means grease. I never saw any special juice added.

Is the ice chips thing a myth? I guess you couldn't know, but was it untrue at your location?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2022 at 9:21:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Hopefully they lose the "same grill" lawsuit as it is just silly.

As to a market they say the Impossible Whopper turns plants into hamburger. I say cows have done that for 1,000 years.

Good one! LHLOL

That stands for, "Legitimate Hearty Laugh Out Loud." No, I'm not trying to turn that into a thing. Just a one time joke.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:23:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I can not believe that I am responding to this post as I am not much of a burger fan. But I just recently tried Culver's burgers and they might be better than any other in my opinion.

I'll make it a point to try Culver's next time I am anywhere near one, which might be the next time I pass through Canton.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:29:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I didn't have them back then due to the whole nonexistence thing, you know how it is. Like I said, my rating is almost entirely predicated on the condiments/toppings bar...I can ask for, "Extra onion," but only I know what that really means to me. Besides, I never ask fast food places for anything special, except not to put ketchup or mayonnaise on my burger.

I grew up a picky eater so always preferred a fixings bar.

Once my asst manager was driving and we were at Burger King. I said, "Whopper, no pickle, no mayo, add bacon." He screwed it up like four times and so much we had to go to the window to order. He complains about "special orders" and I said, "How hard is it to repeat, 'Whopper, no pickle, no mayo, add bacon" after I say it?

My only issue with fixins bars is Americans are slobs and make a total mess of them in no time.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:48:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

When I go to Culver's
Generally get the shrimp basket or fish basket
I can get a burger anywhere
A lot of places don't serve shrimp, everybody serves a burger
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 9:49:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Is the ice chips thing a myth? I guess you couldn't know, but was it untrue at your location?

I had to Google that. I'm still not sure what it refers to. Only myth I know of, is Wendy is not modeled after Carrot Top.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2022 at 10:11:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I had to Google that. I'm still not sure what it refers to. Only myth I know of, is Wendy is not modeled after Carrot Top.

Some people maintained that Wendy's mixed ice chips in with the meat, which would obviously turn into water, hence the, "Juiciness."
January 19th, 2022 at 12:03:19 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
After Hardee's bought them out RR faded to a mostly Turnpike, Airport, and other captive markets brand.

Strolling down memory lane, observing all the now shuttered, defunct and failed former commonly-seen restaurants: hello, Ho Jo.

Once ubiquitous along our highways, there is now only one Howard Johnson's restaurant left, in Lake George, NY.

Ah...decent ice cream, hot dogs and clam strips, yum!