Good. Even if he drugged and raped
only one woman, he deserves what
he's getting. Intentional, well thought
out rape is far uglier than some half
drunk guy who gets carried away.
There is something very creepy about
men who do what Cosby did.

very

believe me, the guy could have had as much sex as he ever wanted without resorting to whatever he was doing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 6th, 2014 at 4:52:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: odiousgambit
the guy could have had as much sex as he ever wanted without resorting to whatever he was doing
Then it would be a series of irrational and dangerous acts for him to have done it, each of which could end his career, cost him a fortune in legal fees and gain him only what he could already have had for free.

Do you think that is the behavior of a rational and intelligent man. Do sensible people do such things over and over again?

Or is it perhaps a media hyped lynch mob that you have joined?
December 6th, 2014 at 4:59:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
There is something very creepy about men who do what Cosby did.

There is something very creepy about men who believe rumor, accusations, trendy gossip and the blatherings of has-beens who want to revive their failing careers by jumping on a bandwagon.

Rampant rampaging rapists run wild on campus:
From Wikipedia:

"A Rape on Campus," alleged a macabre gang rape by members of Phi Kappa Psi at the University of Virginia. In the aftermath, the University suspended all fraternities, and university president Teresa Sullivan declared "the whole [fraternity] culture is sick." In a nationally published op-ed a law student at the University called for fraternities to be treated as "criminal street gangs" subject to asset forfeiture.

Richard Bradley, editor in chief of Worth magazine, was the first mainstream journalist to question the Rolling Stone article After an interview Erdely gave to Slate, in which she appeared to offer evasive responses about the way in which she investigated the piece, some commentators escalated questioning the veracity of the story. It was later revealed Erdely had not interviewed any of the men accused of the rape.

Fraternity officials noted a number of discrepancies with the story, including that there was no party held on the night of the alleged rape, as the accuser had claimed, that the "ringleader" of the rape named in the story was not a member of the fraternity, and that details about the layout of the fraternity house provide by the accuser were wrong. Fraternity officials also noted that, prior to the Rolling Stone story, there had never been a criminal investigation or allegation of sexual assault against an undergraduate member of the chapter.

Washington Post reporters who later interviewed the accuser at the center of Erdely's story said that she had felt "manipulated" by Erdely.
December 6th, 2014 at 5:07:56 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
How boring having sex with a log if it's true. I'm a little more able to believe it now just through the daily accounts of accusers but not entirely certain. Seem to remember something about him being blackmailed by a woman claiming to be his daughter which she wasn't. I don't follow this much but also seem to remember a few women carrying on contact with Cosby which doesn't make sense.
December 6th, 2014 at 5:13:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Many of the accusations seem to grow out of failed extortion attempts.

Think of Roman Polanski ... it seems the girl's mother was well aware of her daughter's activities but became upset only when she could not get money from Roman Polanski... then suddenly it was statutory rape charges.
December 6th, 2014 at 5:35:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Fleastiff
Many of the accusations seem to grow out of failed extortion attempts.

Think of Roman Polanski ... it seems the girl's mother was well aware of her daughter's activities but became upset only when she could not get money from Roman Polanski... then suddenly it was statutory rape charges.

That doesn't clear Polanski, it just makes the mother an awful person. The girl was 13.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2014 at 6:44:50 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Possibly. Its also possible he should never have trusted the type of women who like rough sex because they are the same type of woman who would love to see him hang for what was consensual.

His own lawyer's joke: “As criminal lawyers we represent people who have committed heinous acts. Acts of violence. Acts of depravity. Acts of cruelty. Or as Jian Ghomeshi likes to call it, foreplay,” she said to the crowd of about 450 lawyers.

It appears some women were happy with consensual rough sex. The ones who spoke after his lines about dates with him (at least quickly, some of whom are known in Canada (which is hardly a big claim to fame, eh?)) made it quite clear that what they got on a date with Jian was not what they expected, agreed to or wanted. It's one thing to say 'hey, I like to choke my partner while having sex, do you? Yes? Good, lets go!' and a far worse thing to just going for the throat (literally) when you get them alone.

Jian was much loved and respected in Canada, so he kinda of blown up his own life by not taking the precautions about consent that he himself banged on in his first letter on facebook.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 6th, 2014 at 8:49:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Then it would be a series of irrational and dangerous acts for him to have done it, each of which could end his career,

And that's exactly why they do it. It's a
form of self loathing and has nothing
to do with sex. They say rape is never
about sex, it's about self loathing and
sometimes violence. Tiger Woods did
the same thing, but he used call girls.
Geraldo did it with sex addiction. It's
a reaction to fame which they don't
think they deserve.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 8th, 2014 at 11:26:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
The Fifth Estate ooops, I mean fifth estate on Canadian TV is taking itself to task for delays in dealing with the Ghomeshi "affair" and used the term Stonewalling Journalists.

I wonder if its really a matter of Stonewalling Witnesses. They all bleat about "I was raped" but none come forth with doctor's note, xrays, photographs of bruises, broken bones or other evidence of actually having been beaten, kicked and punched as "foreplay". I mean no one seems to have gone to the cops immediately, or a rape clinic or even a photographer to record fist sized bruises. Strange. Who is stonewalling whom?

No question Gomeshi is a creep, but he is only a criminal if his creepy acts were in deed non consensual. Many of the women are in high paying careers and hold responsible positions were they demonstrate assertiveness every day. None of them are psychological punching bags so if they did indeed let themselves become physical punching bags it would have been likely to be out of desire or curiosity if they never complained about it afterwards. So I'm inclined to believe Ghomeshi is a creep, but until I see some evidence he is not a criminal.

As to the Bill Cosby bandwagon.... Twelve playboy bunnies?? And Not ONE of them went to the cops, to a lawyer, or the press THEN, they only wait later when everyone is making allegations against him? Seems strange.
December 8th, 2014 at 11:47:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
And Not ONE of them went to the cops, to a lawyer, or the press THEN, they only wait later when everyone is making allegations against him? Seems strange.

One did go to a lawyer right away. The lawyer laughed her right out of the office.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"