Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 22nd, 2017 at 12:41:22 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Really, guys?

It's really sad to see all this misogyny. Check the mirror sometime. Maybe you can figure out why women haven't come forward "contemporaneously".

It's a no-win for us. We're there to work. Or we're there to decide for ourselves whether we want to be touched, groped, assaulted, raped. But we're then supposed to be flattered by the attention, or expect it as part of the job, or shouldn't have looked like that if we didn't want to be accosted.

And then, if she does report it, she's toast. She gets blown off, treated like a problem employee, everybody's uncomfortable around her, and her most of all, because now she's somehow to blame.

And you wonder why it doesn't get reported? Women clue each other in, quietly. We watch for the first sign of it and stay away whenever possible. But sometimes it's not possible.

Ginger or Maryann?
Jennifer or Bailey?

Most women could do either to some extent. I decided Bailey /Maryann a long time ago, back when I watched those shows.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 22nd, 2017 at 12:58:08 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
back when I watched those shows.
Sorry. don't know what shows those are.
I admit it may be difficult at times but if these accusers are now high paid and assertive, I tend to think they should have spoken up then as well as now. I know of one secretary back in the sixties who complained about being pawed and was told if you can't get along with him we will fire you, not him. And they surely meant it.

very recently a rape prosecution in the UK collapsed when the defense learned the cops had withheld 40,000 emails but without those emails there surely would have been a velievable accusation.
December 22nd, 2017 at 1:26:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I had a tech that worked for me for about 10 years. He was good at his job but not exceptional. Over the years I probably hired 6 or 7 people that had to work for me on jobs where he was their direct supervisor. They all hated his guts. He was often supposed to be training them but was so worried about his job that he wouldn't train them on some key things. He verbally abused them in lots of subtle ways and blamed everything that went wrong on his apprentices to me and the customers.

Everyone in the above scenario was male. I can imagine if one of my female apprentices would have had to work him the story would have been completely about sexism and not just someone that was an a**hole. Sometimes the real story is just about an a**hole to everyone and not just to you because you are a women.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 22nd, 2017 at 1:26:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Really, guys?

It's really sad to see all this misogyny. Check the mirror sometime. Maybe you can figure out why women haven't come forward "contemporaneously".

It's a no-win for us. We're there to work. Or we're there to decide for ourselves whether we want to be touched, groped, assaulted, raped. But we're then supposed to be flattered by the attention, or expect it as part of the job, or shouldn't have looked like that if we didn't want to be accosted.

And then, if she does report it, she's toast. She gets blown off, treated like a problem employee, everybody's uncomfortable around her, and her most of all, because now she's somehow to blame.

And you wonder why it doesn't get reported? Women clue each other in, quietly. We watch for the first sign of it and stay away whenever possible. But sometimes it's not possible.

Yes, really. Have you seen what can happen to a guy on a college campus? He can have consensual sex one night then get arrested for rape the next morning when she changes her mind. And he will be tresspass acted from the campus while it all plays out.

Or if you like we can take the office. How about dress? In all my years and among all the guys I have worked with, we had heard of maybe once, ONCE, that a "reminder" email had to go out to the men for pushing casual dress day. We lost count how many went to women for pushing it. Simply put, there are many women who want to be looked at.

Maybe take the guy who took up with a woman in the office, who sued when it went bad and she was not treated nice. Seen it happen.

Please stop with the misandry. None of us are saying men are perfect. We are saying we have been in the real world and seen the other side.
The President is a fink.
December 22nd, 2017 at 2:53:27 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Really, guys?

Babs, I love you for bringing your perspective. And for the most part, these male creeps, well, I'm not carrying any water for them.

But, especially when it comes to Hollywood, you don't think there were a few times when it was the woman who led the way to the 'casting couch' and then decided much later it was just revenge time?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 22nd, 2017 at 3:29:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Simply put, there are many women who want to be looked at.

That's an understatement. If you ask
1000 women if they would like to
be gorgeous and gawked at every
time they entered a room, or super
smart and plain looking, 97% of
them pick the first one. It's in their
genes, the best looking women in
a tribe always get their pick of
the most virile men.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 22nd, 2017 at 5:40:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
That's an understatement. If you ask
1000 women if they would like to
be gorgeous and gawked at every
time they entered a room, or super
smart and plain looking, 97% of
them pick the first one. It's in their
genes, the best looking women in
a tribe always get their pick of
the most virile men.

I can buy that based on how many I have met who look up to the hot and famous females. Remember how many young girls tohought Paris Hilton was someone to look up to? Don Draper said it best that to advertise you want to find the women men want to be with and women want to be.

Guys don't get that kind of feeling about other guys.
The President is a fink.
December 22nd, 2017 at 5:58:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I can buy that based on how many I have met who look up to the hot and famous females..

If you ask a smart but plain woman,
she would say no way she would give
up being smart. But ask her annonymously
and she'll admit she would like it.

A beautiful woman would never give
up her looks for anything. And do
almost anything to keep them as long
as possible.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 22nd, 2017 at 7:05:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A beautiful woman would never give
up her looks for anything. And do
almost anything to keep them as long
as possible.
Ain't nothin more hateful than a woman who has lived the easy life off of her looks, when the alimony runs out. Safer to be nice to a rattlesnake, especially in California.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 23rd, 2017 at 5:17:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
If you ask a smart but plain woman,
she would say no way she would give
up being smart. But ask her annonymously
and she'll admit she would like it.

It is about attention. Pure and simple. Women have a higher desire for it than men. Older I get, the more and more I realize it is all biology. We need more shows for men like Leykis. It is no wonder most women hate him.
The President is a fink.