1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 16th, 2022 at 10:02:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Except nobody was talking about "diversity."

Reality is you do not like it being pointed out that the "take away my freedoms to stop the china virus" crowd is the same kind that supported fascists and communists because they promised to make the trains run on time.

Seeing as how many vaxed people are still catching the virus should make you say, "maybe they have a point." But keep doing what the experts tell you to do if you like. It is easier than thinking for yourself.

No one was talking about E. Germany.

I imagine many many animals with limited intelligence can only think for themselves, because they use limited information and have limited communication abilities. That's not all there is to having a human brain.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2022 at 10:29:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Let me be clear then.

Anti-vaxxers with non-rational excuses get no more respect than flat earthers saying they are going to fall off the edge of the world if they go too far. Saying the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus as one example. Or saying other certain medications are effective on their own. IN some cases long before the data could have even been confirmed. And anti-vaxxers using a public platform spreading these falsehoods. And anti-vaxxers who have repeatedly been given the correct information and choose to ignore or deny it.

So, that's a large group. Perhaps there are some anti-vaxxers handicapped mentally or still in complete ignorance, and apologies to them. I'm also not including people who aren't vaccinated due to inability to actually medically tolerate the vaccine, but those technically aren't necessarily anti-vaxxers.

Right at the start of this discussion I excluded all the crazy theories about the vaccines. Their are a very large group of people that are making a stand against an overbearing government that is stripping our freedoms. You continually try and put these people in the same group as those that might believe the crazy stuff. You have no respect for a doctor who is standing tall and saying something is wrong here. Disagree if you like but don't call him ignorant or uninformed.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 16th, 2022 at 10:40:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Right at the start of this discussion I excluded all the crazy theories about the vaccines. Their are a very large group of people that are making a stand against an overbearing government that is stripping our freedoms. You continually try and put these people in the same group as those that might believe the crazy stuff. You have no respect for a doctor who is standing tall and saying something is wrong here. Disagree if you like but don't call him ignorant or uninformed.

I have made fun of people complaining about wearing a mask, as thinking they're being "stripped of liberties" and I don't regret it any of it.

What do you want me to say about professional outliers in the medical or scientific community. That they're all Copernicus being persecuted by the Catholic Church?

There's always outliers in anything. That's always been true. If they're right, they'll be vindicated. There's always an ongoing flow of information. The truth will out itself somewhere eventually, if it exists as stated.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2022 at 10:42:00 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Let me be clear then.

Perhaps there are some anti-vaxxers handicapped mentally or still in complete ignorance, and apologies to them.

I don't think 'perhaps' was needed. And of those antivaxers in complete ignorance.... That seems to be a deliberate choice which merits no apology
January 16th, 2022 at 10:53:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
I don't think 'perhaps' was needed. And of those antivaxers in complete ignorance.... That seems to be a deliberate choice which merits no apology

Reality is if Trump were in office making vaccine and mask mandates the liberals would be screaming "FASCIST!" from the hilltops.

We have said it before, we do not want a rushed out vaccine that seems to be letting people still get infected. No "complete ignorance" but actual thought and not just doing what the people on the TV set tell you to think and do.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2022 at 11:28:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Reality is if Trump were in office making vaccine and mask mandates the liberals would be screaming "FASCIST!" from the hilltops.

We have said it before, we do not want a rushed out vaccine that seems to be letting people still get infected. No "complete ignorance" but actual thought and not just doing what the people on the TV set tell you to think and do.

Are you use to people who don’t do work with deeds (or whatever it is you do) that they know your job better than you?

That’s what you regularly do with scientists and apparently doctors.

It’s true, many people can find a couple things wrong even in a profession they know nothing about. It still doesn’t make you the competent authority thinking for yourself like you seem to think.
January 16th, 2022 at 11:33:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Are you use to people who don’t do work with deeds (or whatever it is you do) that they know your job better than you?

That’s what you regularly do with scientists and apparently doctors.

It’s true, many people can find a couple things wrong even in a profession they know nothing about. It still doesn’t make you the competent authority thinking for yourself like you seem to think.

Here is the thing. I have every right to think for myself. If just obeying because someone says they are an expert works for you then do it. Just leave the rest of us who are not hurting you alone.

The scientists and doctors you love to listen to are pushing an agenda. Follow the money.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2022 at 12:05:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Many people seem to have forgotten about the ring in their nose and plod along where they are led. For some of us the ring is still damn annoying and we don't like being led down a dangerous path.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 16th, 2022 at 12:16:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
Many people seem to have forgotten about the ring in their nose and plod along where they are led. For some of us the ring is still damn annoying and we don't like being led down a dangerous path.

Some of them polish the ring so it does not scratch the hand of the ones leading them.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2022 at 12:21:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Karen's see rings and chains in the nose, when it's just common sense.