Getting real tired of Kamala Harris already.

May 1st, 2021 at 4:53:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I am all for physician assisted suicide. I feel it should be a legal right to take your own life. But for now.... I think some life insurance policies don’t pay if it is suicide so that could be a consideration.
May 1st, 2021 at 12:50:23 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
I am all for physician assisted suicide. I feel it should be a legal right to take your own life. But for now.... I think some life insurance policies don’t pay if it is suicide so that could be a consideration.

It may have changed but my life insurance policies only excluded suicide the first year.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 1st, 2021 at 1:08:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
If you don't have the right to take your own life, than you don't own it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 1st, 2021 at 1:20:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It always puzzled me how suicide was onec and in some places still may be considered a crime.
May 1st, 2021 at 2:17:17 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: odiousgambit
Just do it outside so you don't make a mess for someone to clean up

hmmm. Was that too cold?
after pondering it, I think that was too cold even for joking, and I apologize
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 1st, 2021 at 4:33:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
It may have changed but my life insurance policies only excluded suicide the first year.

My father committed suicide long after he purchased a policy. They paid my Mom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2021 at 4:42:47 PM permalink
missedhervee
A young woman came to my office years ago, saying her husband killed himself.

He was in the army, and much to my surprise the army had life insurance coverage on him that did not contain an exclusion for suicide.

Poor guy was worth more dead than alive: what an encouraging thought for suicidal depressives.
May 1st, 2021 at 5:43:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: odiousgambit
after pondering it, I think that was too cold even for joking, and I apologize
I didn't think it cold but considerate.

add; I had one friend who went to a motel and left "do not disturb" on the door.
May 1st, 2021 at 5:58:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: petroglyph
I didn't think it cold but considerate.

Suicide is inconsiderate; discussion about it ahould be uncensored and straight up.

What WOULD be the "most considerate," least messy way to off oneself?

No matter how you do it, if you do it in your home there will be a mess, so don't do it there: your bowels will empty upon death and do you really want your loved ones to have that as their last image of you?

No, I should think not.

You want to make sure people know you are dead so don't hike far into the mountains and do it, or you may never be found and the fact of your death may never be known.

Nobody likes loose ends.

After some reflection, I think the best thing would be to park your car and then climb over the protective railing on the Golden Gate bridge and jump; leave a suicide note both at home and in your car; no need to explain why, spare your loved ones the guilt.

For those who want to be certain, shoot yourself in the head immediately after leaping off the bridge, as your descent begins.

The more squeamish could simply go out in the back yard and shoot themselves or take poison or overdose but please be considerate and put a good sized tarp under you before you check out.

Heck, there's a lot of ways to snuff yourself ...

*note: don't view this video if you are depressed; otherwise look at it and revel in the miracle of being alive*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFADinjP4xw
May 1st, 2021 at 6:45:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: missedhervee
Suicide is inconsiderate; discussion about it ahould be uncensored and straight up.

What WOULD be the "most considerate," least messy way to off oneself?

No matter how you do it, if you do it in your home there will be a mess, so don't do it there: your bowels will empty upon death and do you really want your loved ones to have that as their last image of you?

No, I should think not.

You want to make sure people know you are dead so don't hike far into the mountains and do it, or you may never be found and the fact of your death may never be known.

Nobody likes loose ends.

After some reflection, I think the best thing would be to park your car and then climb over the protective railing on the Golden Gate bridge and jump; leave a suicide note both at home and in your car; no need to explain why, spare your loved ones the guilt.

For those who want to be certain, shoot yourself in the head immediately after leaping off the bridge, as your descent begins.

The more squeamish could simply go out in the back yard and shoot themselves or take poison or overdose but please be considerate and put a good sized tarp under you before you check out.

Heck, there's a lot of ways to snuff yourself ...

*note: don't view this video if you are depressed; otherwise look at it and revel in the miracle of being alive*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFADinjP4xw
I was looking at it more from the pov of someone with a terminal diagnosis, not someone who is depressed.

I know two guys who's sons killed themselves by erotic asphyxia, while the rest of the family was watching tv. That was extremely hard.

Another spread out a tarp in a neighbors garage and shot himself while on the phone explaining what was happening to emt's. Also hard, but not as hard as losing a kid.

I am lucky I suppose, I just don't get depressed? Dr's have asked me if I had considered suicide, and I said "sure I have, I haven't made plans but yeah, I've thought about it" hasn't everyone?

It's easier for me to think of ways that I wouldn't want to do it. I've had several near death experience's and I know I don't want to go by electrocution, that hurts like a sob. I'm trained not to fall, so jumping off a bridge is out, besides that would fu traffic, and I hate falling.

I don't want fear or pain. Maybe freezing after going to sleep? Hanging might be ok, but like you said, I wouldn't want the family to find me like that.

Might depend on whether or not my wife goes first?

I don't want to be relieving myself while in my pajama's waiting for the cn to come clean me.