Random Thought of the Day

August 4th, 2021 at 9:15:18 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Mission146

If nothing else, I'd always gathered from EvenBob's posts that he's emotionally extremely tough...but (while he is still probably very tough---that's a compliment); I think I perhaps overrated him on it.

Evenbob recently had some personal happenings that he shared and I did the Schadenfreude Dance in response. I guess it's fine for a person to do that if it's a person in a news story, or some generalized person...though I guess it crosses a line if it's some message board participant who is (by their own admission) basically a recluse, takes shots at you all the time and you're never going to meet them in your life.

Here, EB, we'll trade Suspensions. You at WoV, me at DT. We should, after all, stay at the Forums we know the most about.

Myself: Gambling

EvenBob: Random BS'ing.

In case anyone needed a translation of my quote above, it basically means that I didn't expect such a curmudgeonly old man to cry like a little fucking girl because big bad Mission hurt his fee-wings.

See you guys in a week or two, or hop over to WoV.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 4th, 2021 at 9:29:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just a big pile of crap with all the different things just kind of piled on top of one another.

You obviously have a McD education in food. You
have no conception of real cooking. To you a McRib
is gourmet. Aren't you the guy who had his head
in a trash barrel in Vegas puking up McNuggets?
I rest my case.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2021 at 9:30:45 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
... I didn't expect such a curmudgeonly old man to cry like a little fucking girl because big bad Mission hurt his fee-wings.

Personal insult. That was an especially egregious one, so seven days.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 4th, 2021 at 10:59:00 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
You obviously have a McD education in food. You
have no conception of real cooking. To you a McRib
is gourmet. Aren't you the guy who had his head
in a trash barrel in Vegas puking up McNuggets?
I rest my case.

Personal insult -- three days.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 5th, 2021 at 5:58:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I went and bought my self a new mini Ipad. Didn't even realize it was the school days no tax on tablets, laptops. So saved more money than i expected.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2021 at 6:06:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Never been much of a rat. You go right ahead.

Humor me. How many times on DT and WoV have you petitioned for a suspension? Running out of fingers and toes?
August 5th, 2021 at 6:29:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Occasionally when looking for a wifi signal
I'll see
DEA Surveillance van
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 5th, 2021 at 7:37:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Occasionally when looking for a wifi signal
I'll see
DEA Surveillance van
lol

Does that deter you? It wouldn't me, free Wifi is free Wifi.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 6th, 2021 at 6:30:02 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Delete
August 9th, 2021 at 8:57:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If I was moving to Florida, like Drich or SOOPOO, I'd check carefully the potential for flooding in the area you're moving into. Whether it's flooded before.

And actually when my parents first moved to Florida, they lived almost a quarter mile from the canal, and although it never flooded into the house, one year it flooded all the way to the yard. I still remember taking their small dog for a walk and he was swimming part of his normal route. it was up to my knees before we got halfway to the canal which he was used to walking around.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?