Original Sin?

October 3rd, 2016 at 12:54:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
If I one time ate a bad strawberry pie and then told you that all strawberry pies were not good then you would think I am nuts.

BUT AT LEAST YOU'D HAVE EATEN ONE!!!
How much married sex have you had? How
much unmarred sex, for that matter?

Good grief this is a stupid conversation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2016 at 1:15:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yeah I imagine they are a little different to find. Maybe we could look at the divorce rate or the suicide rate of teens.

By itself, that isn't good enough. A study would also have to make a causal link between the two.

Quote:
I guess it depends on what type of cancer you are talking about. To me any type of cancer is bad news.

Saying "the pill causes cancer" is not looking at all of the data, since the pill also prevents different kinds of cancer.

Whether or not the pill causes cancer would not change the church's position on using it as birth control, either.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 3rd, 2016 at 1:38:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64

Whether or not the pill causes cancer would not change the church's position on using it as birth control, either.

Of course not. I reiterate, missionaries passing
out condoms or pills to converts completely
negates the purpose of what they're doing. Which
is growing the religion so it can sustain itself.
Never ever trust what the Church gives as a
reason of their action. There is always a hidden
agenda. Always. A more deceitful organization
has never existed than the Catholic Church.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2016 at 2:00:52 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I would support the government with everything I have if they developed programs for doing this that actually aimed at changing our sex saturated culture and made promiscuity not something that is promoted in almost every ad, TV show, movie, and song out now a days.

So not just shank the First Amendment, but completely gut it. Are you trying to recruit for Nareed's war against you? Because this is how you recruit for Nareed's war against you.

Quote: EB
...strawberry pie

Is this a real thing? If so, how does one obtain a dozen?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 3rd, 2016 at 2:27:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Is this a real thing? If so, how does one obtain a dozen?

Of course it's real, and it's awesome. I've
actually had it many times and I'm not
just guessing it's awesome, or been told
it is, I can assure you it's wonderful. To
have an informed opinion on something,
you have to have actual experience with
it.

October 3rd, 2016 at 3:08:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Face
So not just shank the First Amendment, but completely gut it. Are you trying to recruit for Nareed's war against you? Because this is how you recruit for Nareed's war against you.

How in the world is changing culture shanking the First Amendment. I'm not talking about censorship or thought police. I am talking about reasonable and good people pointing out the sickness that we are constantly celebrating in our culture and producing true art and moral entertainment that lifts us up as a people and as society as a whole.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:12:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
By itself, that isn't good enough. A study would also have to make a causal link between the two.

True and I imagine that would be fairly hard to do. Nevertheless we can look at the divorce and suicide rates before the introduction of contraception and see how they compare. Are they on the rise? Is the incidents of sexual transmitted diseases on the rise as well?

Quote:
Saying "the pill causes cancer" is not looking at all of the data, since the pill also prevents different kinds of cancer.

Again the data suggests that the pill raises the rates of some cancers and lowers those of others. So saying the pill prevents cancer is certainly not looking at all of the data and is much more untrue and dangerous of a statement.

Quote:

This is true but I would think that it would cause thinking and caring people to change their stance on birth control.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:14:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
To have an informed opinion on something,
it.

While I don't think this is entirely correct I wonder would your statement carry beyond food and into things like speaking about Catholicism? You might want to take your own advice on this one.
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:29:25 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Evenbob
Of course it's real, and it's awesome. I've
actually had it many times and I'm not
just guessing it's awesome, or been told
it is, I can assure you it's wonderful. To
have an informed opinion on something,
it.

How about that? And some say religion threads are hopeless. That looks delightful and I'll be sure to keep eyes out. How have I never heard of strawberry pie?
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:44:06 PM permalink
Face
How in the world is changing culture shanking the First Amendment. I'm not talking about censorship or thought police. I am talking about reasonable and good people pointing out the sickness that we are constantly celebrating in our culture and producing true art and moral entertainment that lifts us up as a people and as society as a whole.

You didn't say "reasonable and good people". That would imply an individual, which is A-OK. You said "gov...made promiscuity not something that was promoted". How can .gov "make" someone or something do something? By force. Force which may start with warning but can only end with the barrel of a gun, same as every single other action done by .gov.

I can't think of any other way .gov to do such a thing other than force or censorship, one of which is reprehensible, the other which is against the first. Unless, perhaps, you were talking simple PSA's. And in that case, I believe it should be handled through the private sector, not through the use of my tax dollars.