Original Sin?

February 24th, 2018 at 3:14:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Heck, in another thread you finally admitted that there is evidence for God that you think is very weak, but evidence none the less.

LOLOLOL!! This is your hobby, this is
why I cut you off from PM's. You
CONSTANTLY use this old persuasion
trick and and I got sick of it. Pretending
the other person said or admitted or
understands something they never
copped to. I used to use this trick
too, in debate class, it works if
you're dealing with an idiot. Too bad
for you that I always know exactly what
you're doing.

I never admitted any such thing, please
quote where I did. There is ZERO evidence
for the existence of gods, period. End of
story.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 24th, 2018 at 7:55:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Testimonial evidence is the worst kind of
evidence. It's anecdotal, it's a poor form of
evidence.

Putting aside that you are wrong about testimonies and their value, let's focus on you recognizing that it is a form of evidence. You say it is weak and you go on and on to attack it just because you can't stand to be wrong, but nevertheless it is a form of evidence. You must have never read a movie review, read yelp, got a reference for work, testified as a character witness, etc.

On the thread that I got this quote from by the way I am awaiting your next admission that evidence you already accept for your own belief system, namely unexplained coincidences and occurrences, is also evidence for the existence of God. Since it seems to be the only evidence supporting your claim for reincarnation I reckon you won't be so quick to say it is worthless and back-peddle.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 24th, 2018 at 9:59:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Putting aside that you are wrong about testimonies and their value,

You conveniently left out the part where
I said it's useless and meaningless more
than once. Just because you call it
'evidence' doesn't mean it's actual valid
evidence.

Some guy repeats a story he heard and
presents it as evidence, that does NOT
make it real evidence. It just means he's
a gullible chump and you want to believe
sooooo badly that your fairy tale is true
that you'll take anything and label it
evidence if you think it advances your
case.

This is a big reason atheists avoid organized
religions, they all have the stink of desperation
around them, and we want no part of it.
Atheists are completely happy to sit it out and
wait for proof to come along, which of course
can never happen because god does not exist.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2018 at 10:18:32 AM permalink
FrGamble

Some guy repeats a story he heard and
presents it as evidence, that does NOT
make it real evidence.

What does it make it then? Isn't the paper just some guy or gal repeating a story he or she has heard? Isn't everything you know about someone you don't know personally based on testimony from others? Does that make it wrong or false or worthless?

Quote:
Atheists are completely happy to sit it out and
wait for proof to come along,

I'm curious why you are content to do this in regards to belief in God, but in literally everything else in your life you act and believe things on evidence and not proof?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 25th, 2018 at 10:31:41 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What does it make it then? Isn't the paper just some guy or gal repeating a story he or she has heard? Isn't everything you know about someone you don't know personally based on testimony from others? Does that make it wrong or false or worthless?
Didn't we have the talk about gossip?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 25th, 2018 at 10:46:02 AM permalink
FrGamble
Gossip is different than sharing news or telling someone about something that happened or talking truthfully and kindly about a person you know. Testimony is I imagine how we get most of our information.
February 25th, 2018 at 10:47:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
What does it make it then?

The only real evidence for a god
would be he answers prayers on a
dependable basis. You're a believer,
you pray, you get healed/get the
job you want/whatever you ask for
within reason. Shall I post the NT
passages where Jesus PROMISED
THIS???

Instead it's been proven beyond a
shadow of a doubt that prayer gets
you bupkis. Nada, nothing. You can
get 200 people to pray for the sick
and their get well rate is just the same
as those that weren't prayed for.

You'll have a boatload of excuses for
this, the bottom line is prayer is a joke.
February 25th, 2018 at 11:39:09 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Gossip is different than sharing news or telling someone about something that happened
Semantic much?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 25th, 2018 at 12:03:52 PM permalink
FrGamble
The only real evidence for a god
would be he answers prayers on a
dependable basis.

This is evidence for a divine vending machine in the sky and I wholeheartedly reject that awful conception of God.

God is friend who truly loves us. Let me ask you if any of your loving friendships are based only on them solving all your problems are healing your illnesses? What kind of friendship would you have if all you did was selfishly ask for what you want and the other person had to give it to you or they didn't exist. Think about what you are saying?!?

Quote:
Instead it's been proven beyond a
shadow of a doubt that prayer gets
you bupkis.

This is close to the stupidest thing you have ever written. Who has this been proven to? Certainly not me or anyone I know? How is it proven? I've asked you this before but maybe you will try it. Stop praying for things or for something to happen and instead sincerely pray for Jesus to enter into your heart and reveal Himself to you. This prayer will lead to you eventually accepting Him as your savior and will lead you to eternal life, which is the exact opposite of bupkis.

Can I just say again how hypocritical you are. You demand from me and Christianity the impossible burden of proof only found in mathematics and then in every other area of your life be it with reincarnation, the efficacy of prayer, or atheism you accept such minuscule or no evidence at all and believe it so completely. It is just silly and it is really hard sometimes to take you seriously.
February 25th, 2018 at 12:04:43 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph
Semantic much?

I do use words and I reckon you do too. Surely you see there is a difference between testimony and gossip and surely you also see their connection.