Gay Marriage

May 13th, 2014 at 3:43:52 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
As an example, if WoV was debating wording a sign for the HOV lane it would go something like this:

"Lets make it say 'Vehicles With 2 Persons or More."
"That might be offensive to people who do not identify as human"
"What if it is a pregnant woman? Isn't the child still a person? We really need to say '2 persons in 2 seats."
"Why is it 2 and not 4?"
"We just want to make a simple rule here."
"I still find it offensive to say just 'persons.' We should say 'humans.'"
"Jerry Logan just got suspended for creating his 143rd identity"
""Yeah, that reminds me, if a person had multiple personalities they could claim they are 2,3, or even 10 persons. We really should say something about that."
"yadda, yadda, yadda....."
LOL!!!

The new rules were instituted to create a more friendly environment, but based on the evidence over the past few months, that hasn't happened. All it has done is encouraged people with too much time on their hands to look for more ways to get offended.

You know, I'm starting to think that this is becoming a microcosm of big government.

More rules/regulations/laws passed = more problems.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 13th, 2014 at 4:02:00 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
and leave on my own.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
May 13th, 2014 at 5:30:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven

More rules/regulations/laws passed = more problems.

We need to start thinking in simple terms again in this world.

The US Constitution currently stands at about 20 pages when put in modern pdf. format.

The failed EU Constitution had about 200 pages.

To me it is a difference between common law and code law. I would prefer we went to more common law here. A few basic rules and when an issue comes up it can be decided. Tell people to act like adults and follow the tone of the moderators and shall we say "father" members then take up problems with more of an attitude of "if you don't know that is an insult you don't belong online until you grow up." Manly posters will know they screwed up and apologize saying they let their temper get the better of them--hey, it happens.
The President is a fink.
May 13th, 2014 at 6:49:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: chickenman
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Why would I? It's pretty easy to stay within the rules if you actually want to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 13th, 2014 at 11:04:01 AM permalink
Beethoven
The US Constitution currently stands at about 20 pages when put in modern pdf. format.
Good god...this really puts things in perspective. And how many pages long was Obamacare?????

To me it is a difference between common law and code law...A few basic rules...
+1

And I will say this. Men of past eras would have never complained about the things that so-called "men" of today complain about. Makes me wonder if there's any hope for society.
May 13th, 2014 at 11:48:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And I will say this. Men of past eras would have never complained about the things that so-called "men" of today complain about. Makes me wonder if there's any hope for society.

Classic manliness is either looked down upon these days or else thought to be "out of style." One college somewhere wants to make the phrase "Man Up" banned hate speech same as ethnic slurs. While few men know how to do all trades around a home (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, auto repair, masonry, etc.) how many men these days can't even start to tell you how to do *any* of them? I'm not talking do the work of a master craftsman, I am just talking about adding a faucet, replacing a switch, change your oil, whatever.

How many men in the 1950s would cry because their neighbor had a vegetable garden? Or had landscaping that the man didn't like? Or had a pickup truck or trailer in their driveway? And the real biggie--how many would just stop working because they couldn't find the job they wanted?
The President is a fink.
May 13th, 2014 at 2:08:28 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
And I am still not buying that animals practice homosexuality when animals do not have sex for recreation.

Can you provide a link or source?

Do you read National Geographic magazine? Here's what National Geographic say about the bonobo monkeys:

"The major distinctions between bonobos and chimps are behavioral, and the most conspicuous do involve sex. Both in captivity and in the wild, bonobos practice a remarkable diversity of sexual interactions. According to de Waal: “Whereas the chimpanzee shows little variation in the sexual act, bonobos behave as if they have read the Kama Sutra, performing every position and variation one can imagine.” For instance, they mate in the missionary position, something virtually unknown among chimpanzees. But their sexiness isn’t just about mating. Most of those variations are sociosexual, meaning that they don’t entail copulation between an adult male and an adult female during her fertile period. The range of partners includes adults of the same sex, an adult with a juvenile of either sex, and two juveniles together. The range of activities includes mouth-to-mouth kissing, oral sex, genital caressing by hand, penis-fencing by two males, male-on-male mounting, and genito-genital rubbing (G-G rubbing is the shorthand term) by two estrous females, who moosh their swollen vulvas back and forth against each other in a spate of feverish sisterly cordiality. Usually there’s no orgasm culminating these activities. Their social purpose seems to be communication of various sorts: expression of goodwill, calming of excitement, greeting, tension relief, bonding, solicitation of food sharing, and reconciliation. To that list of benefits we might also add sheer pleasure and (for the juveniles) instructional play."
May 13th, 2014 at 6:29:01 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: reno
"The major distinctions between bonobos and chimps are behavioral, and the most conspicuous do involve sex. Both in captivity and in the wild, bonobos practice a remarkable diversity of sexual interactions. According to de Waal: “Whereas the chimpanzee shows little variation in the sexual act, bonobos behave as if they have read the Kama Sutra, performing every position and variation one can imagine.” For instance, they mate in the missionary position, something virtually unknown among chimpanzees. But their sexiness isn’t just about mating. Most of those variations are sociosexual, meaning that they don’t entail copulation between an adult male and an adult female during her fertile period. The range of partners includes adults of the same sex, an adult with a juvenile of either sex, and two juveniles together. The range of activities includes mouth-to-mouth kissing, oral sex, genital caressing by hand, penis-fencing by two males, male-on-male mounting, and genito-genital rubbing (G-G rubbing is the shorthand term) by two estrous females, who moosh their swollen vulvas back and forth against each other in a spate of feverish sisterly cordiality. Usually there’s no orgasm culminating these activities. Their social purpose seems to be communication of various sorts: expression of goodwill, calming of excitement, greeting, tension relief, bonding, solicitation of food sharing, and reconciliation. To that list of benefits we might also add sheer pleasure and (for the juveniles) instructional play."

Assuming that all of this is true (and for the record, I personally do not know much about these studies), I will concede that it "appears" to be homosexual behavior. But appearance does not always equal reality, and it's quite possible that the researchers simply misinterpreted their behavior.

Let me use an analogy: Muslim men often walk hand in hand together. Now if a researcher who is completely ignorant about Muslims sees this behavior, he/she may say, "Wow, this is homosexual behavior! You see that, everyone? Muslims exhibit homosexual behavior! I need to write about these gay Muslims now, so I can advance my agenda!"

Unfortunately, for them, we all know that such a conclusion is far, far from the truth. Muslim men may hold hands, but this is not homosexual behavior at all. To say so is just a misinterpretation of their behavior, and I have a feeling that the same thing is going on with the apes.
May 13th, 2014 at 8:02:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Let me use an analogy: Muslim men often walk hand in hand together.

Is it as disgusting as this?

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 12:47:52 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Evenbob
Is it as disgusting as this?

YUCK!