Quote: Evenbob
Not hard to imagine because it's
what's happening now. It's your
god that's imaginary, not the
rules. Man made the rules and
we choose to follow them or not.

Those of us that can think for
ourselves, that is.

Man pretends to make the rules and we say stuff like we think for ourselves and we don't need no stinking God to tell us what to do. Then the more these made up morals drift from the objective and eternal moral truths presented to us by reason and by God we find out that we are destroying ourselves and the world. You don't need to take my word for it look around. Last century was the most violent century in human history. We have an epidemic of drugs, suicide, and violence everywhere you look. People are rejecting fundamental aspects of who they are - we are lost and they last words on humanity's dying lips will be; "We can think for ourselves..."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 12th, 2018 at 1:53:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Awoke to a headline about an archbishop to meet with the Pope to discuss possible resignation, but it seems it was NOT the Pope who is considered to be on the brink of resignation but this Washington, DC guy who is three years past his retirement age and will trek to Rome about the retirement letter he submitted upon reaching 75. The archbishop had been in Pittsburg and Pennsylvania appears to be inflamed about several hundred priests who were sexual abusers who were allowed to flourish. So the article was about Cardinal Wuerl's possible resignation, not the Pope's resignation though it seems strange that booting out someone who is 78 would affect the feelings of thousands of Pennsylvania women protestors.
September 12th, 2018 at 4:46:14 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Especially when this should have happened weeks and weeks ago.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 12th, 2018 at 11:44:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
it seems strange that booting out someone who is 78

It's a token gesture, nothing more. Hard
to take the religion seriously when so
many of it's leaders do not. Xtionity has
to be the biggest ruse ever played on
humanity, and the most profitable. But
that was kinda the point, wasn't it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 12th, 2018 at 12:14:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Did you mean the most charitable, because then you would be correct.
September 12th, 2018 at 12:21:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It's a token gesture, nothing more. Hard
to take the religion seriously when so
many of it's leaders do not. Xtionity has
to be the biggest ruse ever played on
humanity, and the most profitable. But
that was kinda the point, wasn't it.
Really impressive how well it was played. But looking back to the original rubes, they couldn't read and many were pretty simple herders.

Might be harder to pull of a similar in scope con today, but then I see Facebook? Most people seem to prefer being led, someplace?

Xtianity is the big one, but look how many are sucked into this Islam thing. Incredible what people are willing to go through, just to not have to make their own choices and decisions.

I'm watching a program on hidden camera's in Saudi a little at a time. Those people accept floggings and crucifixions, beatings etc., right now, today. They beat, torture and kill their neighbors, just like old times. I don't know how anybody could look at religion and still fall for it? Maybe it's just easier than starting their own business?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 12th, 2018 at 12:25:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Did you mean the most charitable, because then you would be correct.

Like I've said, it's the Mafia boss
who does heinous things all the
time, but goes to confession every
week, and built a wing of the local
children's hospital. That's the Church.

Look look, it says, look at all wonderful
things we do. Please don't notice all horrible
stuff we do on the side, nothing to
see there. It's a ruse, a scam, so the men
in the higher ranks can do as they damn
well please. PT Barnum said it best, about
one being born every minute, and there's
certainly no difference between the circus
and Xtionity..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 12th, 2018 at 4:15:14 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I've always speculated Pope Benedict resigned because he was complicit in a sex abuse cover up. No, I have no proof, that's why I said "speculated."

Pope Francis I rather like, but I'll lose all respect if he is proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have covered up any sex abuse cases.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 12th, 2018 at 4:26:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard

Pope Francis I rather like, but I'll lose all respect if he is proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have covered up any sex abuse cases.

Once you realize there is no god
running anything, it's very easy
to understand the Church. It's
just another corrupt corporation.
Greed and sex and coverup.
September 12th, 2018 at 5:06:58 PM permalink
FrGamble
Once you realize there is no god
running anything, it's very easy
to understand the Church. It's
just another corrupt corporation.
Greed and sex and coverup.

You can believe in God and see the people running the Church in the same way.