First 100 Days of Trump

January 29th, 2017 at 5:38:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: stinkingliberal
You're just being ridiculous if you think that Obama was/is particularly pro-Muslim.

If you cannot see why and where Obama was pro-muslim then there is really not much use talking to you.

So far signs are it will be an awesome 100 Days! But the 7 years and 9 months after should be even better!

That liberals can only say "it's RACIST" shows that they cannot attack the merits of the policy.
The President is a fink.
January 29th, 2017 at 6:26:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Then why doesn't his ban cover countries where terrorists have actually come from like Saudi Arabia and UAE?

Oh that's right, cause Donald has business interests there.

Wrong.

Alternative facts.

Fake news.

ALL of the countries had already been designated as countries of concern by the previous administration. Six are not even mentioned by name in the order. The only one specifically actually mentioned in the text of the order is Syria. The mention of Syria has to do with the previous administration's decision to let in refugees--that was suspended indefinitely.

So...he took what the previous administration did and clamped down a bit more. Pretty much exactly what he said he was going to do. He won the election with everyone knowing that he was going to do it.
January 29th, 2017 at 6:26:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

That liberals can only say "it's RACIST" shows that they cannot attack the merits of the policy.

??????
The courts have already done that.
ACLU 1
Trump 0
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 29th, 2017 at 6:33:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
??????
ACLU 1
Trump 0

Not so much. Limited court order about deportations. The meat of the order remains in place.

The ACLU got a run in the top of the 1st inning is all.

The interesting thing will be to see how the Canadian offer develops. More refugees decide to go there and not even bother with the USA could solve things. Everyone is happier.
The President is a fink.
January 29th, 2017 at 6:39:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
??????
ACLU 1
Trump 0

In reading the order, it seems to apply only to those who have already been allowed entry to the United States. It will allow back in people that were properly admitted and happened to be out of the country and also stop deportation of some.

How is it "racist" to stop the entry of people from countries already on a watch list for 90 days? They aren't banning a "race" at all. They are people from different countries.
January 29th, 2017 at 7:08:32 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
What is a "race" these days and how many different races are there anyway? The term racist has lost meaning through overuse. Big time.
January 29th, 2017 at 8:14:47 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Not so much. Limited court order about deportations. The meat of the order remains in place.

The ACLU got a run in the top of the 1st inning is all.

The interesting thing will be to see how the Canadian offer develops. More refugees decide to go there and not even bother with the USA could solve things. Everyone is happier.

As one of the resident Canadians on this forum I am not sure if "everyone" is happy.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 29th, 2017 at 8:42:36 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman
As one of the resident Canadians on this forum I am not sure if "everyone" is happy.

Don't you live where moose outnumber people? For some reason I've pegged you as more Fort McMurray than Fort Erie.

Do you have concerns? As a southern Canadian myself (=p), I'll admit I have not a single strong feeling about immigration as I feel so removed from it. I mean, sure, the illegals I suppose hurt us all slightly due to no taxation, but hearing stuff about bomber Muslims or rapist Mexicans strikes me as completely hollow, as the only foreigners around here are the highly appreciated Habs fans filling town 5 times a year.

I guess I just don't know how to react as I've never even heard of an "upset Canadian" ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 29th, 2017 at 9:29:09 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
There are more Moose than Mooslems where I live, but I don't like the fast tracking/line jumping side of allowing in refugees when legitimate immigrants who have been following all the rules are left still waiting for years. There are also problems with giving them the unquestioned financial support for housing, medical, living expenses and anything else they need for what usually ends up being years longer than it is originally mandated. This unlimited support just saps initiative from anybody, refugees included.

The refugees that are placed in small northern communities such as mine usually move to large centers in short order anyway. Human nature dictates that you want to live among people with a similar culture so most end up in the Moslem enclaves in the larger cities.

Lots of Canadians get upset, even about stuff that doesn't effect them. The 'have to be cool' Trump hating leftie crowd is having a demonstration in Hongcouver today. I am sure 95% of them have no idea what was actually signed and that most of it was already unofficially in place .
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 29th, 2017 at 9:39:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Quote: ams288
Then why doesn't his ban cover countries where terrorists have actually come from like Saudi Arabia and UAE?

Oh that's right, cause Donald has business interests there.

Wrong.

Alternative facts.

Fake news.

Huh? You're saying Donald doesn't have business interests in the countries that were excluded from the EO (the ones where the 9/11 terrorists came from)?

You're the guy who is always crying about being unable to have substantive conversations on these boards. When you see something you don't like and just shout "fake news!" to try to silence the topic, you're contributing to the problem. Righties have been doing that far too much lately. Although the main perpetrator is on a 6 day sabbatical...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman